New Surface 2 having wfi connectivity issues

weaverly

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Just got a Surface 2 for our office to do testing with for our online courses offering. And immediately noticing connectivity issues on certain networks. Only our public-facing wifi network on campus maintains a connection for the most part, most of the other WPA/PSK disconnect from the internet most of the time.

Took it home and tried it on my home network, and it worked like a charm, no issue. Next morning took it to a local coffee shop and had same connectivity issues. Got it back to work and still suffering from connectivity issues.

We couldn't find an update for the wifi driver, so I'm kinda at a loss.

I'm new to the RT environment, so I figured some of you more experienced users might know the answer pretty quick. Sure would beat surfing Bing for answers, though I have done a little of that. But sometimes articles are old, and aren't the most current fixes.

Anybody? Thanks.

SIDE NOTE: Anybody using their Surface 2 for online course work? How's it working out for you?

weaverly

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I'll check this out at work when I have the device in hand. Shoved it into Pocket for the time being.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb