After a lot of research and as the title says I'm a proud owner of the surface 2, and below is my opinion:

First of all, the wow factor. People freak out when they see it! My friends were amazed to the jaw drop point. Friends with iPad were very jealous tehe :P

Second, the OS, I knew where I was going so I have no complaints there,they touch keyboard is even better than WP8, as it has the same smart predictions, but you type with more than two fingers, very fast, very very fast. And yea, IE with flash support is just amazing.

Third, the hardware, very good screen, very good form, the kickstand is amazing. Full USB is a very good addition, when using a headphone there is a weird hissing sound going on that I think needs to be fixed.

Fourth. Accessories, I got a type cover 2, sadly my "a" key doesn't make a click sound when I press it, which makes me think that I didn't press it, but I can manage, the lay out is a little bit different than what I'm used to, but with some use ill be able to type better for sure. I have sweaty palms, I'm having issues with the material choice of the cover, I hope it doesn't get damaged. Overall, I need it, but it didn't give me a wow feeling like the device.

All in all, great device Microsoft, well done.
    02-19-2014 01:04 PM
    Glad you like your new tablet! Thanks for providing the feedback!
    taymur likes this.
    02-19-2014 03:07 PM
    It'd be perfect with an active digitizer/pen. Though a great device nonetheless.
    taymur likes this.
    02-20-2014 04:59 PM
    I am a tech addict so I'm constantly buy/selling going through devices. I got my Surface 2 on launch and it is still with me to this day. Now that's an accomplishment and says a lot about how much I like this device :)
    taymur likes this.
    02-20-2014 05:16 PM
    Forgot to say that the backlit keyboard is also something on the wow factor, and people notice it, and since I'm sending this at 4 am my time, this feature is a very important plus to the accessory. I really think Microsoft are losing money selling this device. As it is way more valuable than its price. Kudos Microsoft.
    02-20-2014 08:51 PM
    Congrats on your new tablet! I love my Surface 2 as well! Also have a purple Type cover 2 (not to mention the Music Kit Blade!) and agree, the backlighting is awesome! I love Windows RT 8.1 too... I can do everything with it! And with Remote Desktop, we don't need the ability to run legacy applications locally!
    taymur likes this.
    02-20-2014 10:58 PM
    Yes, but I still didn't figure out the remote desktop thing, can you give me like a simple 5 steps to follow, like what do I need to set up on my pc?
    02-21-2014 05:39 AM
    The way I do it on first gen RT is that I just type "remote" in start screen and it offers the remote deskto client. Then I basically type my PCs "name" there (you can decide it youself typically on OS installation), enter my MS account credentials and connect! Depending on your PC-settings you might have to enable remote connections firsat from your pc
    taymur likes this.
    02-21-2014 05:55 AM
    Just type on start screen and you will find everything you are looking for. Love that!!

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk
    taymur likes this.
    02-21-2014 06:41 AM
    Yes, but I still didn't figure out the remote desktop thing, can you give me like a simple 5 steps to follow, like what do I need to set up on my pc?
    Hey,

in this video it is explained very quickly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQN0o9lyqTU&t=2m3s

(I chose not to embed the video because it wouldn't start the video at the right time. Just copy/paste the link)
    taymur likes this.
    02-21-2014 08:37 AM