526.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    216 KB · Views: 8

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have taken a couple of screen shots. I can see some errors on them

There will always be some errors reported. In Event Viewer go to Custom Views/Administrative Events, that will distil it a bit. What's happening there? Any display or disk errors?

In the reliability History go to 05/04 - what is the Windows Failure red-X (critical event)?

Just curious

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
there are 4 critical errors, 3 apps stopped working and last one says windows video hardware error

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    488 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    240.1 KB · Views: 9

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
there are 4 critical errors, 3 apps stopped working and last one says windows video hardware error

Ha! That's the one. The hw error shows up within a day everytime after refresh or new and then the display issues occur.

Wish it could be sorted out.

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Im having loads and loads of disk error 153 currently.. I get one ever 2 mins or so! If Today's patch doesn't fix this, I will be returning this unit.. again! -.-

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
@2:10 he moves the cursor down and the taskbar comes up. Does anyone know if that feature is available on Windows RT? It doesn't work on my Surface.

[video=youtube;PvcTl8iJdZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PvcTl8iJdZc#t=130[/video]

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
@2:10 he moves the cursor down and the taskbar comes up. Does anyone know if that feature is available on Windows RT? It doesn't work on my Surface.

Doesn't work on my Surface 2. No option to "Pin to task bar" is available as he describes. Nor does the taskbar come up while in Metro

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't work on my Surface 2. No option to "Pin to task bar" is available as he describes. Nor does the taskbar come up while in Metro

Right click on the taskbar and select Properties. On the "Taskbar" tab make sure the box beside "Show Windows Store apps on the taskbar" is checked.

As far as the taskbar appearing when in the Start screen when moving the cursor down, it works for me on my Surface 2.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks...notice something else odd with the Update?

If you have only one app open - say the Mail app and you close it, you get thrown into the desktop. Before the update you would return to the Start Screen. Now, apparently, this is the new 'normal' in desktop machines, but on tablets - I am using the Surface 2 as a reference here - it should revert back to the Start Screen, which is not happening.

This is despite the fact that if you go to the Task Bar> Properties>Navigation and uncheck the box which says return me to the desktop.

Is this happening to you guys too?

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks...notice something else odd with the Update?

If you have only one app open - say the Mail app and you close it, you get thrown into the desktop. Before the update you would return to the Start Screen. Now, apparently, this is the new 'normal' in desktop machines, but on tablets - I am using the Surface 2 as a reference here - it should revert back to the Start Screen, which is not happening.

This is despite the fact that if you go to the Task Bar> Properties>Navigation and uncheck the box which says return me to the desktop.

Is this happening to you guys too?
Right click task bar and then deselect the option to show metro apps in taskbar. Then you won't get thrown to desktop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers