I recently picked up this travel charger for my Surface 2 and it works great! Amazon.com: Intocircuit Power Castle 12000mAh Multi-Voltage (5V 12V 16V 19V) External Battery Pack Power Bank backup charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

I also had to pick up this accessory to make the connection: Amazon.com: ElementDigital(TM) Lovely New Power Charger Adapter Cable fit for Microsoft Surface RT Surface Pro: Cell Phones & Accessories

The combination works wonderfully. I noticed there really was NO information on travel charging a Surface.....so I figured this out on my own. There is an even larger version of the battery out there but I decided on this model for it's slim sleek and easy to carry design. Not sure yet but I'd say it's good for two full charges on the Surface and would charge my Icon phone many times over....4-6 would be a good gueestimate.

The charger comes with a crap ton of different connectors, has dual USB outputs along with a variable DC output (19, 16 & 12 volt). So it not only charges virtually any phone but any tablet as well. It might even work with some laptops. Of course I had to get the special adapter to make it work with the Surface 2.
    03-22-2014 09:59 AM
    Well done figuring this out.
    Astropin likes this.
    03-22-2014 10:33 AM
    Good looking charger. Specs read good. I might get one for my wife. How much does it weigh? Compare to a 920 in weight. More? Less? About the same?
    03-22-2014 10:58 AM
    Good looking charger. Specs read good. I might get one for my wife. How much does it weigh? Compare to a 920 in weight. More? Less? About the same?
    It weighs 12.6 oz. Bigger than any cell phone....but not huge. It's pretty thin.
    03-22-2014 12:43 PM
    Wow, Astropin!

You can not imagine what my heart did when I saw the words "travel", "charger" and the forum name "Microsoft Surface 2" at the same time! Duuuuuuuude this is awesome!
    Thank you so much for pointing this out! I went crazy asking all of my friends and also the internet in general if there was anything "workable" for the surface 2! There seem to be quite a lot of chargers theoretically being able to serve as one for the surface (with the right connector of course), but as far as I got it all of them were not really good enough (charging waaaay too slow or bringing the risk to brick your Surface and so on...)

So I really hope this one charges fast and safe enough :D

​Oh man... thanks again! :D
    Astropin likes this.
    03-22-2014 12:53 PM
    It weighs 12.6 oz. Bigger than any cell phone....but not huge. It's pretty thin.
    That's good enough. Thanks for the tip.
    03-22-2014 02:43 PM
    Anyone else try this combination? How fast does it charge and stuff? I would spend the money to buy this setup and write a review on my site. Just wondering if anyone else has?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    06-30-2014 01:59 PM
    07-01-2014 10:04 AM
    Make your travel & camp kit complete with a range of high quality Power Bank for Mobile Phone, iPhone, Smartphone online in India . Grab it here at www.tronikhub.com.
    07-02-2014 06:33 AM
    Currently unavailable. Thats alright there are plenty of those portable battery banks to power stuff online.
    07-03-2014 06:31 PM