LTE S2 for 499

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay guys, if it is not locked will it work (the lte bit) in the UK? That price works out at ?300 and I have a friend in the states at the moment and I was thinking of getting him to pick me up 3 or 4 of them.

I am not sure about that.. No ATT in UK?

NJ1193

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
You are awesome - thank you for the info!! Exchanged my 32GB S2 that I bought a little over a week ago and only cost about $50 more. :)

Christopher Ortiz

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to keep my Lumia 2520 but damn, this made me change my mind.

Got it at my local best buy. They were all puzzled, the lady didn't even dare selling it lol. After a while, I'm typing from it. $499 + tax.

Thanks!!!

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm this is still available? I am not a current att user, but this seems like a great deal for a pro with Lte if necessary.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm the Surface 2 LTE comes unlocked. I went into my T-Mobile store, asked to add the 10/Mo. 1GB data plan for tablets, got my micro sim card for it. Jumped in the car pulled out my LTE Surface and swapped in the sim card. I entered the fast.t-mobile.com APN and it was good to go. I'm on it now!

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm the Surface 2 LTE comes unlocked. I went into my T-Mobile store, asked to add the 10/Mo. 1GB data plan for tablets, got my micro sim card for it. Jumped in the car pulled out my LTE Surface and swapped in the sim card. I entered the fast.t-mobile.com APN and it was good to go. I'm on it now!

Omg thanks PL!!!! This is so much more awesome!

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Please let us know if you are able to do this. I am tempted also. Although MS Store still has some Surface Pro 1 for $499, so a tough choice.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for that, now can anyone tell me if they will work in the UK with a UK sim? I hope so because I got a friend who is in the states to get me 5 of them. Even if they don't work they are still cheaper than the non lte ones here but it would be a nice bonus.

Duffau

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

#34 Report Post

I'm in San Antonio as well, but I already have a surface 2. I'm tempted to try this with the free 200mb per month for life. Did you see any indication for that plan not working with your surface? Did the T-Mobile store charge you anything for the sim? How is the signal? Does it only work with LTE or are you also getting 4g/3g? Thanks a lot!

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that, now can anyone tell me if they will work in the UK with a UK sim? I hope so because I got a friend who is in the states to get me 5 of them. Even if they don't work they are still cheaper than the non lte ones here but it would be a nice bonus.

I'm sure it will work with a UK sim, I'm just not sure if the correct bands will work with your specific carrier.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
#34 Report Post

I'm in San Antonio as well, but I already have a surface 2. I'm tempted to try this with the free 200mb per month for life. Did you see any indication for that plan not working with your surface? Did the T-Mobile store charge you anything for the sim? How is the signal? Does it only work with LTE or are you also getting 4g/3g? Thanks a lot!

I was charged 10.83 w/ tax for the sim. LTE and 4G work, not sure about 3G since I'm mostly connected with wifi. Signal has been pretty good so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos