LTE S2 for 499

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I got an LTE S2 from Best Buy on Friday for $499. I didn't activate it, so it's not an activation discount. My dad just got one today for the same price, so it wasn't a mistake. For what it's worth...

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I got an LTE S2 from Best Buy on Friday for $499. I didn't activate it, so it's not an activation discount. My dad just got one today for the same price, so it wasn't a mistake. For what it's worth...

Where are you located? The website doesn't show it, maybe it's a local deal?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Oklahoma. The sales reps didn't know anything about it. It scans as 679, but when it comes time to pay, a line item appears called "tablets" with a 180 credit. Two separate transactions on different days, so it wasn't a one-time mistake.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Was it at the same store though? I'm gonna go check a local store here in San Antonio to see if I get the same price :)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It won't show up until they scan it in and you get ready to pay. The price on the device is 679. We called first today to see if my dad would get the same price, and they scanned it in to make sure.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So I went for it since it's cheaper than getting a regular 64GB. I quickly jumped in my ride, drove to the nearest BestBuy after checking online which stores had them in stock. Then I went straight to the Surface section. Looked around for someone and was like hey I want this now. They first tried getting me to activate it for a hundred off and I was like no thanks just check me out, I'm on a mission. He said it was the first one they've sold. When the guy rung it up and saw it totaled 543 with taxes, I noticed the surprised look on his face. He told a coworker, hold on I'm gonna get one of these for me. His coworker finished my transaction as he went to fish out the only other one they had in stock. The employees don't even know! This is awesome go get it while the pricing is still available. Now I'm just wondering how I'm gonna get it to work with T-Mobile. Are these unlocked?

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
This is all pretty awesome. Wonder if I can take advantage of that meself here in cali ... It is probably a store server problem though

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So I went for it since it's cheaper than getting a regular 64GB. I quickly jumped in my ride, drove to the nearest BestBuy after checking online which stores had them in stock. Then I went straight to the Surface section. Looked around for someone and was like hey I want this now. They first tried getting me to activate it for a hundred off and I was like no thanks just check me out, I'm on a mission. He said it was the first one they've sold. When the guy rung it up and saw it totaled 543 with taxes, I noticed the surprised look on his face. He told a coworker, hold on I'm gonna get one of these for me. His coworker finished my transaction as he went to fish out the only other one they had in stock. The employees don't even know! This is awesome go get it while the pricing is still available. Now I'm just wondering how I'm gonna get it to work with T-Mobile. Are these unlocked?

Awesome! I'm not sure if its unlocked, but even if its not, its $50 cheaper than the non LTE version, plus it has GPS.

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! I'm not sure if its unlocked, but even if its not, its $50 cheaper than the non LTE version, plus it has GPS.

Wow this is really really hard to resist. It would be $5 more for me than the 64GB version using 10% student discount, but it would have GPS (would definitely use) and LTE (which I would probably never use). Only thing that keeps me holding back is that I want a Surface Mini!! I will wait out the day and maybe call Best Buy to have them ring it up and see what it comes out at and decide then.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just picked one up from BestBuy in Danbury, CT. I did have it activated, and I did get it for $499. The guy who sold it to me was shocked to say the least! Apparently, they have no idea this is even going on. But today is the last day to the $100 off promotion (if you have them activate it), so who knows if this deal will disappear then as well.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I just picked one up from BestBuy in Danbury, CT. I did have it activated, and I did get it for $499. The guy who sold it to me was shocked to say the least! Apparently, they have no idea this is even going on. But today is the last day to the $100 off promotion (if you have them activate it), so who knows if this deal will disappear then as well.

They offered to activate it for me and I said no. I still got the 180 discount.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I had them activate mine because with the activation, I also get a $100 credit off my next AT&T bill. So, this brought it down to $399 for me in the end :)

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I just exchanged my 32 gig for the 64_ LTE one!!! Omfg hell yeah! Twice the space for less than the regular!

Oh and I got it in west covina. Near LA, CA.

Last edited:

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay guys, if it is not locked will it work (the lte bit) in the UK? That price works out at ?300 and I have a friend in the states at the moment and I was thinking of getting him to pick me up 3 or 4 of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss