Weird tactile issue

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi every one!

I have a weird and really annoying issue with my Surface 2.
Sometimes when I open it, there is a circle appearing on the top left corner of the screen, the same one that appears when we touch the screen. And it does exactly as if I was touching the screen there. It's really annoying, because it's really like someone was touching the screen there. The only solution is to restart the Tablet.

I reseted it yesterday (full reset), and it's still happening to me. I think it's software because it's also happening to my father's Surface 2.
Does anyone know this issue? And more important, does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!!!

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Same here.
I'm guessing it's not software because this is the problem that happens when you break the display and messes up with touch sensibility.
I was waiting for some reports about the same error.
So now it's time to go deliver and ask a new one.

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
It is weird because sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't... And my father has the same issue at the exact same point of the screen of his surface.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_spain_435 using Tapatalk

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had the exact same problem once before, it was introduced after the march patch.. at least that's when I started experience it! I haven't seen it since, so I'm guessing it isn't a hardware problem!

grmskrk

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Same here, too, since march update. I have experienced this several times last month. It happens during regular use (without waking up from sleep).

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes it has happenend with regular use also to me. But most of the time it occurs waking up from sleep.
This is obviously a bug of the last update...

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Same as above; just started recently so I'm assuming something in the March update is causing this. It is showing up on three separate devices in my experiences (two of mine, and my fathers).

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Definitely it's not hardware related... Hope the update 1 solves it...

Sent from my RM-821_eu_spain_435 using Tapatalk

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I called to Surface Service in my country and the employee said to go to FNAC and ask a new one. Also said that they have in his floor like 40 Surface 2 and no one ever experienced or reported this issue.
So since i'm in the first 30 days of use I go to FNAC and ask a new one.

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Here too. Happened twice. Reboot sorted it each time. That was running 8.1-Update, so I don't think that's going to fix it.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok i went to FNAC and the replaced mine.
I already did the updates including the firmware one.
I'll report if I get the same issue in this Surface as well.

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me 2 or 3 times in the last week. Top left corner on wake. Have to do a restart to fix it.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok, this morning when woke him up from sleep there we go! Issued.
I did that firmware update last night to test. So it's really cause of that firmware update. If I restore Surface he remove that update? Cause can't remove it from updates.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99