Hello all,

Just wondering if you could help me troubleshoot a couple bugs that I'm having with my Surface 2. I've tried the built in troubleshooters but they cannot find a problem. I'm having two separate issues, one with my cursor and the other with audio.

Surface 2, 32 GB: received new from online MS store April 11
    Black Typing Cover 2

The Vanishing Cursor:
    I have the Typing Cover 2 installed pretty much all the time. Occasionally, I cannot see my cursor. When moving my finger over the track pad, I can sometimes see the effects of it being above a button or link, but I cannot see the actual cursor. It is happening right as I am typing this post. If I move the cursor into the text box, I can see the bar cursor. However, once I move the mouse outside the text box field, it vanishes. I can move it below where you can choose a "Post Icon" and can see the highlight of the radio button, but I cannot see the cursor itself. If I try and move it over the emoticons, I can see it change to the Index Finger cursor, but again, once I move it away, it vanishes. It does not occur all the time and a reboot can fix it, but it is getting old and I don't want to reboot that much. Any ideas?

Deafening Silence
    I will often plug in headphones to watch videos or Netflix and not bother my family. Headphone always work and I never have issues. However, sometimes when I unplug the headphones, I will get no sound from the speakers. I will check the volume rocker on the Surface, the volume slider in the Charm bar, volume on the desktop screen and also check to make sure I have not hit the mute button on the type cover. All are fine. If I plug the headphones back up, I get audio from them. Unplug them, no sound from speakers. I have been able to get sound back by plugging and unplugging the headphones a few time. Again, it does not happen all the time, but does happen. Also, it is not always immediate. I may be watching a video over the speakers, close the cover and come back later and then no sound. Again, any ideas?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.
    Last edited by moverton; 04-14-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    04-14-2014 07:19 PM
    I have come across the track pad invisible mouse glitch. I just restart. But it is annoying.. I assume that your sound glitch can be fixed with a restart too.

On a side note, have you noticed that sometimes when turning the surface on, the taskbar on the desktop appears smaller than usual?

The surface has a lot of glitches. Restarting it usually fixes them though.

-- Sorry if I am mean, I just dislike mean people! --
    04-14-2014 09:39 PM
    Yea, a reboot always fixes both problems for me. I'd just like to find a more permanent solution and stop wasting my time rebooting.

Never have noticed the taskbar issue.
    04-14-2014 10:01 PM
    Yea, a reboot always fixes both problems for me. I'd just like to find a more permanent solution and stop wasting my time rebooting.

Never have noticed the taskbar issue.
    I understand your feelings completely. I too am looking for permanent solutions. But I fear that they can only be fixed via update/patches.

But hey, luckily it only takes like 15 seconds to reboot huh? Lol

-- Sorry if I am mean, I just dislike mean people! --
    04-14-2014 10:06 PM