Surface 2 poor customer service in the UK

rmorgan999

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Got a new Surface 2 around 2 weeks ago. After a few days of use it failed, wouldn't bout just flashing 'Surface' over and over. Logged a service call with Microsoft UK and returned the unit for replacement. Should be a 2 day SLA for this, almost two weeks later no replacement unit. Have contacted Surface support who say they are short of replacement stock, but there is plenty in the retail channel frustratingly. Microsoft really need to up their game here. They are playing catch up in the tablet market and really poor customer service is not going to help their market share. Anyone else having the same issue?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you buy it at a Microsoft Store? I am not sure if there are any in the UK? They should have them in stock there.

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar experience when I contacted them about purchasing one, couldn't offer any different shipping times just a slow '5 day' service... a company the size of Microsoft and that's the best they can do? My query was farmed out to an indian call centre too, quite disappointing.

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Where did you buy your tablet from? My rt headphone jack failed a coupla months ago and I had a replacement from Microsoft turn up in about three days. Both the service staff i chatted to online were really helpful, and one even went so far as to follow up and make sure id received my replacement, and to make sure i knew how to contact ups to arrange collection of my original tablet. Sorry youre having problems, but my experience with the uk team was nothing but positive...

rmorgan999

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Got my replacement unit after 12 working days - not good for a 2 day SLA. But the new unit works fine and I have to say the call centre staff were good, explained the position with a short term stock issue but not why that had happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb