Im happy.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I know the topic is currently on Plex and whatnot, but I have to say, one note on the surface 2 in landscape mode is freaking amazing! And then.. The ability to multitask window snaps while using onenote.. .this is one epic feature and app that even the iPad can't compare too! (My opinion.)

I ordered the elsse case from amazon. And I have my bamboo wacom stylus on the case pen flap(?). All of this together makes my set up look very epic! Also. It seems to work fine while the touch cover 2 case is on it. A teeny weeny bit awkward looking. But it doesn't bother me because my surface 2 is protected. And again, combine this with one note and watching video (say Friends) and bam bam bam, an epic set up is born!

I too am super happy

-- Bam --

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I just installed Plex - on my Surface 2 and Desktop machine. It works brilliantly! Now, Can I use this when I am away overseas? If yes, would save me a lot of space on my HDDs and local drives.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I just installed Plex - on my Surface 2 and Desktop machine. It works brilliantly! Now, Can I use this when I am away overseas? If yes, would save me a lot of space on my HDDs and local drives.
As long as your server is running on your desktop, you can access it anywhere in the world (where there's WiFi) by logging into your MyPlex account from the client app on your Surface.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I know the topic is currently on Plex and whatnot, but I have to say, one note on the surface 2 in landscape mode is freaking amazing! And then.. The ability to multitask window snaps while using onenote.. .this is one epic feature and app that even the iPad can't compare too! (My opinion.)

I ordered the elsse case from amazon. And I have my bamboo wacom stylus on the case pen flap(?). All of this together makes my set up look very epic! Also. It seems to work fine while the touch cover 2 case is on it. A teeny weeny bit awkward looking. But it doesn't bother me because my surface 2 is protected. And again, combine this with one note and watching video (say Friends) and bam bam bam, an epic set up is born!

I too am super happy

-- Bam --

Sweet! Would you share links to the case you have please? And also the Wacom you have?
I agree, OneNote is awesome.. I use it all the time on my Nokia 1020, my Surface 2, and the Desktop..

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey! The case is a generic case from amazon that you've probably seen

Elsse (TM) Premium Folio Case with Stand for Microsoft Surface RT /... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2L5KDO...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2540395

It costs almost 10 dollars for standard shipping though.. So it came out to about 18 dollars. Not too bad since I do believe it is worth it. It protects my surface enough, and it actually kinda fits the touch cover 2 keyboard on it, a little tight though. But it works.

The pen is

Wacom Tech Corp. Bamboo Stylus for iPad/Tablets by Wacom http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004VM0SE6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2540395

I remember buying it for cheaper on amazon, about a year ago. But they have other kinds: pen/stylus and a Mini stylus.

-- Bam --

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I dont want to wear out my new toy, but I do want to keep it healthy. Should I leave it plugged in or just once a month after the 12th to let it download the update from MS?

Also, whats the windows 8.1 equivalent phone? Top of the line and the one like my surface 2? Thx.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I dont want to wear out my new toy, but I do want to keep it healthy. Should I leave it plugged in or just once a month after the 12th to let it download the update from MS?

Also, whats the windows 8.1 equivalent phone? Top of the line and the one like my surface 2? Thx.
What do you mean "leave it plugged in"? The only thing you need to plug in is the charger to charge the battery. You download the updates over WIFI.

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
For example I have an ipod touch 4 for checking email, weather and lite surfing stuff I see or hear on tv. I plug it in every 3-4 days to recharge and use it til it runs down. This tablet I use it instead, but have left it plugged in 24/7. Should I keep doing this or let it run down and plug it in every few days like I do my ipod?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I wouldn't leave it on the charger. Only connect the charger when it needs to be charged like your iPod yes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss