Having Display errors/problems? Here is how i fixed mine!

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys
Just wanted to share this little piece of info on how I solved my Display Error problem on my Surface 2! :)

Talked to a techsupporter who actually knew what he was talking about, and he told me that the Display Errors was simply an hardware addressing error caused by the keyboard attachment, and how it was registered the first time the unit was set up.
So he told me to refresh my device (did a complete reset tho) without the cover attached... And it actually fixed it!!

I've tried a lot of things before, resetting and numerous "fixes", but nothing helped.. but apparently this did it.. and I've been display error and glitch free for almost 2 weeks now! :D

Hope this can help others who are still experiencing this problem! :)

Harri_Tku

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Nice to hear that you have found a solution. But could you tell us more about your original problem. What kind of Display Error problem this was. I am having weird flickerin/Glitches, like errors in analog tv or something. very fast and random lines for a second every now and then. Mainly after heavy usage.

Thank you,

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Right right.. lemmi just elaborate some more then! I've experienced you problem as well, also after heavy use, but not very often.
The error I am talking about is mostly related to display error 141 in the eventlog, and display driver crashes.. that, in my experience, was leading to batterydrains while in sleep mode and problems waking from sleep mode aka Sleep of death.. But now that I think about it, I havnt had any display flickering or glitches since I did the reset without the cover.. so maybe I would be worth a try for anyone with any display related problems on the Surface 2! :)

alphaZ

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
My error code is different and no one seems to be able to help me resolve the problem. Error code: 0x800704D5. Each time I try downloading an app from the windows store that comes up. Help pleaseeeeeee

PostItNote

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip v0lum3 - it totally fixed my video card crashing when waking from sleep (and seems to have improved standby battery life as well)!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea