Where to buy?

GadgetTron

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Apologies if this has been asked already.

After 6 months (yes 6!) of drooling over the possibility of getting a Surface 2, I am finally ready to pull the trigger.

I live fairly close by to a Microsoft Store, along with multiple Best Buys, and a Staples. So my question;

Does it matter where I purchase it? Is there an advantage to buying it at the Microsoft Store over anywhere else? I've heard that you can add on some for of Microsoft "insurance" to it if I get it from them. Any and all advise welcome! Thanks :smile:

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
You can get the 150(?) Dollar insurance from best buy that covers everything! Literally everything! Even if you drop it and break it. Idk about Microsoft, but I bet they have good insurance plans too.

If I had a Microsoft store a lot closer than 50 miles, I would have gone there and bought the surface 2 because I prefer to buy gadgets from people who can answer my questions with actual expertise. Just my bit :)

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I got mines from BB with a trade in of an old xp laptop. Got 125 credit towards the surface 2. I declined the warranty as it comes with the gurilla glass already.

AiR DEGETA

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
LoL I thought I was bad drolling over it for 4 months, I'm glad I'm not alone. Anyway to answer your question Microsoft & Best Buy usually have the sale deals when it comes to the Surface due to their partner ship. Both have insurance policies I don't know BB one, but the Microsoft Store is $100 and it covers drops and spills with tech assistance and virus and Program support. And you have up until 45 days after the date of purchase to apply it to your Surface in case you don't have the $$$ all at once. One last thing is that I heard but haven't confirmed that some Microsoft Store offer options to customize your tablet in store, but again I haven't confirmed that personally.

P.S. I also forgot if you are a Student, Teacher, or work in and education establishment bring proof to the Microsoft Store and you're eligible for a $75 discount off of the Surface 2 & 10% of accessories. Hopefully this post helps your decision.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro