Should i buy the surface 2 please help !!?

lingobingo

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys how r u ?
I'm thinking of buying a surface 2 for the first time I have heard that windows RT is getting better ..but I want to ask few questions i really need your answers guys
1) does the surface download and play .srt subtitle files the same as the full windows experience ?
2 ) can I download any files from the internet like the full Version of windows 8 ?
Please help me .....

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
1. I'm not 100% sure there are any media-players that play subtitles, but you can download them however you like.
2. You can download it, yes. It will not install or run on it though.

Cruncher04

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
1) For instance "multimedia 8" player supports .srt files. I did not test it though.
2) You can download anything I suppose. You are unable install any programs which have the desktop as target environment.

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
1) does the surface download and play .srt subtitle files the same as the full windows experience ?

FYI the "full windows experience" which includes Windows Media Player does not have SRT subtitle support out of the box and needs external filters such as DirectVobSub installed. Subtitle support in other players varies but of course is way better than what WMP has. XBox Video in Windows (RT) 8.x is the same, and frankly it's pathetic that in all these years Microsoft hasn't bothered to add subtitle support to any of their numerous media player attempts.

There are many media players available in the Store for ARM devices likes the Surface RT and 2 that support SRTs, including PressPlay Video (Free), Multimedia 8 (Free), Metro Media Player (Free), Metro Media Player Pro ($1.49), mobile.HD Media Player ($3.49), CyberLink Power Media Player ($14.99) etc., so take your pick and enjoy. :)

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't own the Surface 2 so I can't answer specifically. The longest I've left my Surface RT on standby so far is a couple of days and the battery charge did not diminish much at all.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you
And what about the battery life in standby mode does it last way more power ?and how many days it stands?
Thanks again

I have left my surface 2 unattended, with and without the type cover on it, for days sometimes. Occasionally I use it to quickly search something. I have the one with LTE. I turn the LTE off, but sometimes I do forget to do that. Even then, my surface can last the whole week on a single charge with occasional use. I've charted the battery drain in standby with LTE off, and it goes at a rate of about 2% per 5 hours. So in the long run, you've got approximately 250 hours of standby mode (10+ days). This isn't fact, this is just my own personal experimentation. I don't know what Microsoft's claims are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium