I love my surface 2

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Ive had it for 6 months now and use it in training and meetings. When I do either we are giving a printed book and a cd rom with various pdf, word, power point documents to follow along or view later. I got a cd rom drive, usb cell phone battery and wedge mouse.

The cell phone battery is made to top off your cell phone if you are away from an outlet. I use it to power my cd rom drive and copy the disk to my sd card in my surface. I then can copy it to a usb drive and share with my coworkers. I use the wedge mouse with bluetooth. I love its feel and how its engineered. I havent had to relie on my battery and plug my tablet in when using it.

Future upgrades? Going to get the power cover so wont need to plug in for an all day event. I got the touch cover, but doing more than navigating a document takes some work. I tried the touch screen, but Im not in to that. I had a usb mouse, but got tired of the cable.

Looking forward to a refurbished surface pro 3 in the coming year.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Very happy to see a fellow surface rt owner that has still felt such happiness up until now.

Just for reference, what cd drive are you using? You seem to be happy with it, so i wouldnt mind giving it a try.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Here are the links to the ebay items I purchased. I use the charger on the power usb lead to the cd drive. It will also back feed a usb hub. I used a generic dell usb mouse til I got my surface wedge mouse. I use a generic usb 2.0 hub that is not powered for laptops. I had a 3.0, but it failed after a week. Plus I had another power cord to deal with.

Funny thing, Friday was the last day of the conference. This one guy had an ipad air, macbook and toshiba. Of the 3 computers he played with he spent mid day and the afternoon using the pc. I asked him why and he said it just worked better. He tried to make me a fool having 18 gb free on the internal drive. I then showed him my 64 gb thumb drive and that I also had a 64 gb microsd card inside. That shut him up and impressed a few people at the same time.

SanDisk 64GB 64G Cruzer Fit USB 2 0 SDCZ33 CZ33 Flash Thumb Pen Thumb Lanyard | eBay

ARCTIC Breeze Mobile USB-Powered 92mm Portable Fan, Portable Cooling Solution, Q

New Microsoft Surface Pro 2 RT Hard Shell Zipper Travel Case Eva Style Black | eBay

Portable External USB 3000mAh Cell Phone Battery Charger Power Bank P5 | eBay

Black USB External 2X Blu Ray Reader DVD CD Burner Laptop Notebook UJ 120 | eBay

Jonodw

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Have you used it with Bluetooth and WiFi at the same time? I returned mine because it could not stream audio to a BT audio receiver and play a youtube video at the same time. Apparently it is a hardware design issue with surface 2 and SP2.

exkerZ

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Here are the links to the ebay items I purchased. I use the charger on the power usb lead to the cd drive. It will also back feed a usb hub. I used a generic dell usb mouse til I got my surface wedge mouse. I use a generic usb 2.0 hub that is not powered for laptops. I had a 3.0, but it failed after a week. Plus I had another power cord to deal with.

Funny thing, Friday was the last day of the conference. This one guy had an ipad air, macbook and toshiba. Of the 3 computers he played with he spent mid day and the afternoon using the pc. I asked him why and he said it just worked better. He tried to make me a fool having 18 gb free on the internal drive. I then showed him my 64 gb thumb drive and that I also had a 64 gb microsd card inside. That shut him up and impressed a few people at the same time.

SanDisk 64GB 64G Cruzer Fit USB 2 0 SDCZ33 CZ33 Flash Thumb Pen Thumb Lanyard | eBay

ARCTIC Breeze Mobile USB-Powered 92mm Portable Fan, Portable Cooling Solution, Q

New Microsoft Surface Pro 2 RT Hard Shell Zipper Travel Case Eva Style Black | eBay

Portable External USB 3000mAh Cell Phone Battery Charger Power Bank P5 | eBay

Black USB External 2X Blu Ray Reader DVD CD Burner Laptop Notebook UJ 120 | eBay

Ooo very very thank you

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Never tried bluetooth and wifi at same time. I dont have wireless at work, but do at home. I just use it once a week on wifi to update it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium