Any way to play audio from flash websites w/o letting Surface 2 go to sleep?

go1020

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I noticed I've to use desktop IE to get music (from flash websites) to keep playing in the background. Metro IE stops playing as soon as I switch to another app.

However, when Surface screen times out even the desktop IE stops playing audio because apparently it goes to sleep. My old blackberry tablet can play browser based music from the same website when I lock the device.

Any way to play audio from flash websites w/o letting Surface 2 go to sleep? I've tried dimming the screen to very low and disable Surface entering sleep, no luck. TIA.

go1020

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I understand that if the website does not register that it will be using audio resources, Surface has no way to find out and cuts off audio when locked. Still it works in my old tablet.

acerace113

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out this too, but the only thing I can think of is to somehow have only the screen turn off and the surface to keep running and not enter sleep mode and I haven't found a way to do that.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

go1020

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to figure out this too, but the only thing I can think of is to somehow have only the screen turn off and the surface to keep running and not enter sleep mode and I haven't found a way to do that.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Looks like this has been beaten to death: How to turn off serface Pro monitor only WITHOUT it sleeping? - Microsoft Community

Even SP3 doesn't support it. No wonder Microsoft gets a lot of flak for churning out half-assed products.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss