Why isn't my Surface 2 Touchscreen working after update?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date

billmark

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Here is the latest that I have tried - and seems to work. :excited::excited::excited:

I recently had the same problem and was just as perplexed as everyone. I even tried the restore option to no effect. The problem lies in the updated firmware driver set. So here is how I got about solving the problem.

Oh, and before you do this, you need to attach a mouse and keyboard!

Open "Device Manager" in the "Control Panel".

If any device listed in the device manager has the exclamation mark, it will likely be the cause of the touchscreen problem.

On each of the individual firmware driver, left click to open and select the driver tab.
THANK YOU!

I didn't have to roll back the drivers just update all the ones with a ! and now the screen is working again!

anon(10139461)

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I can tell you that IMO, the driver update never helps. I have had this happen with my Surface 2 five times now (it's currently draining the battery - hopefully this ridiculous fix works again). I've tried every solution posted here and on other sites, including Microsoft's), I've also wiped and reinstalled it 4-5 times. Each time it's been after a complete drain and several days trying that it begins working. And each time, the ! triangle beside the firmware driver is still there, even though the touch screen starts working again. I've never been able to get my Bluetooth mouse to work again though.

I love my Surface, but I'll never buy another one when MS has essentially washed their hands of their own product when it's clearly their issue.

daslondon

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
Surface 2 RT. Touch had stopped working (device had been used by someone else for a while). I had tried various simple solutions, including refreshing the touch driver, which showed as being faulty. Message was that the driver was up to date.
Solution (so far...): as mentioned by several people, COMPLETE drainage of battery, which meant hitting the on/off button until the "low battery" symbol failed to appear (I did this over several days). After charging, touch functionality was restored.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo