vlc for rt?

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hasn't that thing been in the store for a while already? Sure, it's not a very great app... It's a little unoptimized, but it's there.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't think VLC is out for Windows RT.

Its certainly available in the Store for Intel chip-based PCs but not the RT's I believe.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, but it's still called VLC for RT, even though it's not ARM based.

It's buggy as all get out. I just tried it earlier today, and uninstalled it after about 15 minutes of frustration. It looked like they made the app so they could say, "Okay, we did one. Now leave us alone about it."

Hate to say it, but it's how I felt. If you want a good VLC experience, you'll have to go with the Desktop version of VLC for now. My opinion.

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
There is no "good" vlc experience because the app is not very good. The desktop variant isn't either, to put it simply. The thing that makes it popular is that it's extremely easy to use. But the image quality, decoding efficiency and audio decoding quality is not very good at all. Mostly due to the use of FFmpeg rubbish, that are known to be the worst codecs imaginable. Only useful because they're free. LAV is changing this slowly fortunately, but needs a little more development.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2