Certificates problem suddenly causing almost all internet access to fail

Gamely Lounges

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Surface 2 received some updates.

Seems to have broken something with website certificates.
I've noticed 3 affects:
- many (most?) websites are no longer accessible because I get security warnings due to suspicious certificates
- my email accounts are broken - because the certificates make the email sites look suspicious
- Nextgen reader won't refresh my RSS feeds list (my google account is inaccessible and feedly relies on my google account)

anyone else experience anything like this and solve it?

My S2 ran out of battery last night so I can't attach screenshots or give exact errors but I will try to update this thread with those specifics later when I've got it charged / powered.

Thanks
Sam

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Surface 2 received some updates.

Seems to have broken something with website certificates.
I've noticed 3 affects:
- many (most?) websites are no longer accessible because I get security warnings due to suspicious certificates
- my email accounts are broken - because the certificates make the email sites look suspicious
- Nextgen reader won't refresh my RSS feeds list (my google account is inaccessible and feedly relies on my google account)

anyone else experience anything like this and solve it?

My S2 ran out of battery last night so I can't attach screenshots or give exact errors but I will try to update this thread with those specifics later when I've got it charged / powered.

Thanks
Sam
check your time settings, they might have got changed thus the numerous certificate errors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05