gregsen88

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
does anybody know whether the Surface 3, at least the LTE variant, has a GPS sensor?

With this, it would be the perfect tablet for me and it would replace my iPad Air.

DrFate

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Listed on this Fact Sheet, news.microsoft.com/download/presskits/surface/docs/surface3fs.docx

GPS
Assisted GPS
GLONASS

hrudu

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
That means NO GPS for Surface 3?

So, waiting for a release of the Surface 4 or go with the ASUS CHI book???

~~~

onkel_axel

May 29, 2014
Visit site
ofc no gps for the non lte version
what mobile device without mobile connention does have gps?

maybe 5
but no ipads, or galaxy tabs or anything other common has gps without lte

the surface pro 4 also won't have gps without lte

P_Devil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Great! But I am asking about THE Surface 3? Not the LTE thingie.

~~~

It's not a separate "thingie." It's a Surface 3 (as in THE Surface 3) with LTE data capabilities built-in. It looks just like the wi-fi only Surface 3. There isn't a single (as in THE) Surface 3 model. There are two main configurations of each version; wi-fi only and wi-fi+LTE (64GB/2GB of RAM and 128GB/4GB of RAM). Want GPS in your Surface 3? Spend $100 more and get a model with LTE.

Last edited:

hrudu

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Well just like Surface 2 NO GPS only LTE thingie model? What an improvement!
Oh, btw, Surface 1 does not have GPS too only LTE thingie model, great!

~~~

P_Devil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I really don't think you are comprehending what you are saying. The Surface 1 (AKA the Surface RT) never had an LTE option (again, it isn't a "thingie"). I'm not really sure what you expected at this point when the vast majority (maybe all) PCs, 2-in-1 units, and tablets have GPS only with their cellular compatible models. That's true for units made by Samsung, Asus, LG, Apple, Microsoft, and Sony.

Again, if you want the GPS, you have to spend the extra money. What's the big issue here?

hrudu

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I am sure, most people have a cell phone with LTE option thingie and data plan already.
So why buy an additional LTE thingie device, pay additional data plan and carry with you? If a tablet is GPS enabled you can down load maps and apps, like HERE maps and drive, to navigate without data plan! Easy to comprehend now?

~~~

onkel_axel

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I am sure, most people have a cell phone with LTE option thingie and data plan already.
So why buy an additional LTE thingie device, pay additional data plan and carry with you? If a tablet is GPS enabled you can down load maps and apps, like HERE maps and drive, to navigate without data plan! Easy to comprehend now?

stop trolling
u can do that with ur phone that has that lte Option thingie already

~~~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12