Gaming Performance

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I put CS:GO on one of our demo units and it ran 60-80FPS at 720P. It ran 25-35FPS at 1280P, I was actually pretty surprised.

Of course, that was on the 2GB/64GB version.

I can say that the graphics drivers are not complete though. :)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
That's good to hear. I've seen other people say that the Cherry Trail GPU is lacking when compared to the iPad. Hopefully it's still good enough for simple games.

P_Devil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
That's good to hear. I've seen other people say that the Cherry Trail GPU is lacking when compared to the iPad. Hopefully it's still good enough for simple games.

I thought it had the same GPU as Intel was licensing PowerVR tech. I could be remembering that wrong but I thought one site was reporting that Gen8 Intel graphics was licensed from PowerVR.

The 3D Mark scores between the two are very similar. I've come across some runs that put the two equal, a one or two with the Surface 3 ahead, and a couple that put the iPad Air 2 ahead. Geekbench continues to put the iPad Air 2 ahead in every way but then again, it also puts the iPad Air 2 ahead of Core i7 notebooks. I don't put much trust in Geekbench for x86 benchmarking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs