I pre-ordered my first Surface product in the SP3. I got the black Type Cover and the Black Pen. I'm the kind of person that loves to keep things looking as pristine as possible. I'm wondering how well the Type Covers hold up over time? I've never used one, and obviously it's a little different than a hard keyboard, so I'd appreciate it if anyone could chime in.

Thanks!
    04-30-2015 03:50 PM
    It holds up quite well. I've had mine for about 5-6 months now and it looks almost new. I usually transport my SP3 with a sleeve, and the times when I just throw the SP3 into my backpack without it, one of the corners split. The split did not expose the internals, just the excess fabric split right at the corner. Looks minor and mostly unnoticeable. I also tend to store my pen by clipping it to the groove on the Type Cover. Naturally, you'll see a little wear there - still minor, but enough that I don't always put my pen there so it doesn't get much worse. All in all, it has held up quite well.
    04-30-2015 04:11 PM
    I've got a scuff mark in the bottom left hand corner of my black type cover but that's it after 2 (and a bit) months. If you do get a scuff mark I've heard that stickerboy decals (keyboard) are quite good...
    05-01-2015 05:24 PM
    Mine seems to be holding up well after a year and a half. The space and enter key stick occasionally, but that may be more a Windows 8.1 thing than a keyboard issue. Definitely much better than the touch covers they were trying to sell and should last you quite a while as long as you don't abuse it.
    05-05-2015 09:21 AM