No Pen Loop?

seanpr

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I just bought the surface 3 package from costco with the keyboard and pen. There is no pen loop in the keyboard box or the pen box.

Which box is the loop supposed to be in?

​Thanks!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
From what I have seen, it should be in the box containing the pen.. unless cost co asked it to be removed for their bundles so they can sell it separately?

I presume you have already emptied the pen box, lifted up the pen holder etc.

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
It would be in with the keyboard, however I wouldn't recommend it because after a couple of days the pen loop falls off due to the weight of the pen :/

seanpr

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank You All !

I will contact Microsoft and Costco.

EDIT: I just had chat with Microsoft Customer Service. They are sending me a new pen loop. I don't know if this is all the Costco bundles or not.

Great customer service by Microsoft!

Last edited:

P_Devil

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Maybe it depends on the pen you get? I bought the original Surface Pro 3 pen and it didn't come with one.

Exactly. I purchased a silver Pen for my fiance but it had the Surface Pro 3 branding on it. The new silver Pen has the general Surface branding instead. The older ones don't have the pen loops as those were including in the Type Covers for the SP3. The newer ones have the pen loops because those aren't included with the Type Covers for the Surface 3. So it all depends on what version of the Pen Costco through in. I have personally come across some units that have the older Pens and some with the newer, they all seem to be a mixed bag. You can probably get a free one from your local MS store if you really wanted, you can buy one online for $5, or MS will send you one. They really don't seem to care about the Pen loops all that much.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720