Installed my first real program on S3...disaster beyond

WillBthr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps it is a Steinberg problem but I installed my first S3 program: Wavelab 8 to do a simple format conversion of an audio file. Total disaster and nothing works right. Crash... stall. The program requires elicense with Steinberg elicense USB device. That seems to work fine. The actual program: Disaster, crash force shutdown multiple times. Really irritated now.

WillBthr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
One important thing I'll add. When S3Pro was announced I order one and unfortunately the i5 version was the only format available. I installed Steinberg Cubase and Wavelab. Both worked fine but Cubase ran out of gas trying to run my audio projects. I was not surprised. It was pushing the envelope of S3Pro i5. The fan noise was audibly really irritating. A Lenovo Thinkpad W540 worked perfectly for my needs and continues to.

WillBthr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
And the point is? As I stated, perhaps a Steinberg issue but Wavelab ( a simple program I could use beyond S2) does not run on this machine. Disappointed to say the least. ATOM take 2 is disappointing in MY Real World.

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Surface 3 does meet the system requirement for Wavelab 8.5. I am not sure what the problem is.

Windows 7 / Windows 8

Intel or AMD dual core CPU

Windows compatible audio hardware*

2 GB RAM

1 GB of free HD space

Display resolution of 1024 x 768 recommended

DVD-ROM drive required for installation

USB port for USB-eLicenser (not required for WaveLab Elements)

Internet connection required for license activation and grace period update download

WillBthr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Except is obviously doesn't work. I am not saying it is a S3 vs Steinberg problem but it is a problem because it does not work.

LouCap

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this applies 100%, but I watched this video before I bought my S3. The guy in this compares the S3 to the SP3 for use in audio production using a variety of programs.

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I would check with Steinberg. I had some issues trying to get Wavelab running on a couple of different windows machines due to issues with the USB Dongle including BSOD's caused by the USB security driver which I didn't get resolved. Had a similar issue with ProTools licence dongle which tech support suggested reinstall windows and only run ProTools on the machine nothing else. It seems to do with how often the software checks the dongle some just seems to check occasionally others constantly check
Personally I just use Audition or Audacity for a lot of wav editing. Audition or Reaper for Multitrack recordings and not had a single issue. If you are recording with USB capture these USB security dongles these can cause a lot of crashes on the Audio buses. Not played with a Surface yet hoping to get my hands on one next week for some testing so I'll have a check out with some audio programs and see what its like.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Atom has been a the POS of every Intel release for years. The lowest of the low is just a little higher than last time.

I've been saying that all along and everyone told me that I was an "*****" and that "the new Atom processors are better than they were before", looks like I had the last laugh there then!!!

illegaloperation

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been saying that all along and everyone told me that I was an "*****" and that "the new Atom processors are better than they were before", looks like I had the last laugh there then!!!

I thought you said that the only Intel Atom you ever used was the one in 2009-era Netbook.

So, how would you know? From anecdotal evidence?

I was on the road with my friend when his Ford broke own. All Ford are bad cars. /s

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
What sort of audio conversion are you doing?

If it is really, really basic maybe try something like Audacity?

Not trashing Audacity or anything, it's a powerful program however it's no where near professional tools.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Right, as if problems with one application is an indication of how current Atom processors perform with all applications. Makes perfect sense and could not possibly be a problem with that particular application....... /s

Not sure if this applies 100%, but I watched this video before I bought my S3. The guy in this compares the S3 to the SP3 for use in audio production using a variety of programs.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNkNEFlUtEk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium