Streaming Xbox One to Surface3 with Win10 Preview

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried streaming xbox one gameplay to surface3 running Windows10 preview? What is the performance like? Is the Surface3 adequate for this, or better to look at the Pro?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Bump. Very curious to know this. I've dug around a bit and there's very little information about hardware requirements, or expected performance with a given spec.

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I played some Diablo 3 with my S3 running the build 10158. It ran pretty well. I noticed some very slight lag at times, but I think that was due to network congestion on my home network. I was using WIFI on my S3, but my Xbox One is connected with a cable. The connect speed test came back saying that my network speed wasn't fast enough, but it worked very well anyway (I switched it from 2.4G to 5G WIFI before streaming). I ran a D3 rift (about 15 minutes and lots of graphics) without any lag deaths.

I really think it will get much better since the Windows 10 graphics driver (Intel) in this build is somewhat flaky. It will reset itself from time to time. Actually, that's my biggest complaint so far running Windows 10 on the Surface 3.

Added Note: The aspect ratio is different for the Xbox One and S3, so there are black bars at the top and bottom. This would be true of the S3 Pro as well. Didn't cause a problem for me.

Last edited:

chandy227

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
It works pretty well. I used it last night with my buddy to test it. We played a round of FIFA with me on the TV and him on my Surface 3 in another room and he beat me. He said it only lagged once for a second.

My Xbox is wired and my S3 was on WiFi. No issues plenty speed. I also played Black Flag with streaming the other night. I think it's less dependent on the S3 hardware and more so on your network speed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo