Custom Screen Resolution

ussducky

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm wanting to squeeze some additional power out of this thing for games, and whatnot, so I'd like to reduce my res to something like 1620x1080 or whatever. Intel HD Control Panel does not come installed here. I can't find any link to download it. The intel driver update utility gives me nothing. Apparently the HD version isn't normal, being Cherry Trail.

What can I do here? All custom res utilities either work for AMD/Nvidia, or say you have to use the HD Control Panel to change...

Frustrated.

I guess I should also state that the reason I need a custom res is because the built-in options all letter-box the screen, or aren't the correct ratio, etc.

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
In another forum, there was talk about a different Intel Display Driver that might give you some options:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/3b1r99/_/csi6mfc

I don't use this, can't recommend it, but thought this might relate to what you're looking for.

Don

Thanks for that link. It has always bothered me that the Surface 3 does not come with a proper intel hd graphics control panel. I may try that driver to see if it works well. It looks like it is designed for the cherry trail atom, so it looks promising. Then again, I may just wait until Windows 10 and see how the options may change.

ussducky

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
alrighty, so using the link graciously provided by DLCPhototography

I downloaded the VGA driver. I then went into the device manager and selected the Intel HD Graphics under Display Adapters, selected Update Driver, and chose Browse Computer, Let Me Pick, Have Disk, browse to the extracted files /Graphics, and selected the only .inf

After install, right clicking on the desktop brings up the option for Intel HD properties, where you can select Display, then click Display in the top left corner and hit TADAAAAA Custom Resolutions

I find that 1440x960 at the native 60hz doesn't look terrible if you disable Cleartype font. I'm running it now at 125% I believe.

I'm thinking about doing a video tutorial for this if someone desires.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium