is it a windows 10 issue. or surface 3 issue....

sazie

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
So I only recently got my Surface 3 but upgraded it straight to windows 10.

I found the Windows Edge browser to be quite unresponsive to touch, especially when clicking links. It shows a touch (you see the motion on the screen where you finger touches) but it takes one or two touches for the page to actually load.

I haven't noticed this in other applications such as Outlook or Excel, using a mouse seems ok, just touch. Based on this I don't think its a surface issue as in a hardware problem but more software related.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this a few times after the Windows 10 upgrade. I'm pretty sure it is just some software issues. Edge has a lot of potential, but it is still a bit buggy to use as my primary browser.

I expect to see strange behavior for the next several months until Windows 10 gets a few big updates. For example, I am noticing some sound issues in some games. Sound doesn't even work in Hitman GO. But for the most part, most things work pretty well, so overall I am happy about the upgrade.

Bagums

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I would say it's a windows 10 issue, I've noticed after upgrading there's been issues on my s3 in regards to touch that I didn't have on 8.1, most seem to be fixed with a restart but of course they show back up again after awhile

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
A few times I've seen touch get slow to respond or act weird and then completely stops working. Sometimes it just stops working without acting up before. Happens once every day or two with heavy use.

But yes, sometimes Edge just doesn't want to register a touch even though zoom and scroll work. I'll sometimes zoom in to 400% to make sure I didn't miss the target. You can tap a couple dozen times before it decides to work.

Before the post release Intel graphics driver update there was massive lag in all inputs and graphics performance but that was patched last week.

LA6507a

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same experience with Edge over the last a couple of days since upgrading my S3 to Win10 but overall, the OS has run very smoothly until this morning. All of the sudden, graphical performance is extermely choppy, transitions stutter, and the action center has opened on its own several times so far. All 3 times that I rebooted, my Surface never started back up so I had to press the power button to turn it back on. I have concerns...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3