Surface 3 pen sensaivity?

teranceo

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if my surface 3 pen is performing accurately and am looking for input from others. For the pen to register I have to put much more pressure than I am used to with my Wacom tablet. With the Wacom I have to try extremely hard to touch the tip of the pen to the surface of the base for it not to register a click. With the Surface pen, I can have the weight of the pen on the device and still not have it register a click. I can drag the pen around in OneNote or any other drawing app and if I'm only using the weight of the pen it won't actually draw anything. I have to press down slightly before it will begin to draw lines. Compared to the Wacom where the weight of the pen easily would begin drawing a line, this is a bit hard to use as sometimes when putting notes in I'll actually miss lines in the letters because I wasn't pressing down hard enough even though the tip of the pen was touching the screen.

I have also tried un-pairing and pairing the pen with no improvement. I've also taken the battery out and back in to try and reset the pen with no difference.

Is this normal behavior for the pen?

Thanks for any input.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not for the one I bought. Was so easy to pair, I tried the one note feature, and it worked perfect. I didn't have to press hard or anything. I don't use a pen a lot. It works just as easy as it does on my Note Edge. Maybe a bad pen?

P.S. Because of the larger screen, I can even read my handwriting... LoL

teranceo

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Did you try adjusting the sensitivity?

It almost feels like a normal pen to me.

I tried changing the sensitivity, which works after the initial press but I still have to press much harder than say a Wacom to get it started.

I talked with a Microsoft service agent last night after seeing the post by oditius and they are sending me a new pen. They seemed to think it was a bad pen as well.

Thanks for the input.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I never experienced the Wacom pen but it seems many people seem to have preferred them from the comments I've seen around here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss