Battery drain on windows 10

Nikos Lygidakis

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all
so I re upgraded to windows 10 last week thinking I will give it another go. Actually the experience is now much better than release day and I have no issues at all apart from the battery drain. This to me is very poor compared to 8.1 both in standby and while browsing. I read SP4 and SB have upgraded battery drivers (2013). Will these work on S3? Mine still has the 2006 drivers.
Thank you for the help and hope I dont have to go back to 8.1 again.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Please take some time to explore this forum. Some things you might learn.

1) How to update the battery drivers
2) A registry hack that will give you high performance back (there are a couple things to look for to make other adjustments while doing this to make it faster and better)

You can post, and hopefully someone will look it up for you, but it will be faster if you do it.

mikelino666

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Really? I didn't check the battery before because I thought that was better for sure... anyone else with any review about it?

Last edited:

mikelino666

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I actually find my battery worse using the updated drivers compared to the old 2006 drivers. Can you revert back?
Hey may I ask you how long does your surface battery work? In my situation, with 30 minutes of installation, 1,30 hrs of skype and the rest of web browsing with youtube as well, in 5 hrs I have just reached the 27% of remaining battery.. I think that it means 2 more hrs more or less. So, 7 hrs in total. What about you guys?

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Maybe its just me, but the battery guage seems to be going down much faster. Maybe the driver made it more accurate than before. But when I take it off the dock, it only takes and hr or so to get down to 85 % or so, before it seemed much longer like 1.45 or 2hrs

mikelino666

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Maybe its just me, but the battery guage seems to be going down much faster. Maybe the driver made it more accurate than before. But when I take it off the dock, it only takes and hr or so to get down to 85 % or so, before it seemed much longer like 1.45 or 2hrs

Mmmm.. It means 15% per hr that it's like mine more or less.. I'm around 13-14% per hr.. Wth I don't know why I didn't check anything before the update.. Any review about the entire duration? And the standby? In my situation the standby of 4hrs (before going in hibernation) is around 7% that means I little bit less than 2% per hr..

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I just think mine was better on the old drivers. hmmmmm. Either way, I think I can push a day of usage out of it no problem. I am docked a lot too which helps.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
It's not mentioned much but if battery drain and responsiveness are major issues for you, try using a browser besides Edge. Yes, Edge is very good on some levels but it runs the CPU harder and it uses more RAM. For a touch device, I hate Firefox (no automatic onscreen keyboard, poor scrolling, no touch features, etc.). However, it runs lighter than Edge. Chrome also runs lighter these days but it is even worse than Firefox for a touch device. Chalk that up to Google playing hardball since Chrome in ChromeOS works better with touch.

mikelino666

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for a amateur question - How to update battery driver?

A user posted the link of the 2013 nec drivers for surface pro 4. Ones downloaded, you can install the file and that's it. To check if it is installed, right click on start, "manage of the components" or something similar (sorry but I don't have the English version).. Battery, and you will find the new version. To come back to the previous one version, I don't know where could we find the drivers, maybe the previous user could answer about it.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I just hit the button in device manager roll back driver. Worked. I am checking out battery drain now and I will report back once I update drivers again in a couple of days!

mikelino666

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
They are stored in windows system. All you do is hit roll back and its done.
Yes, stupid question but...i don't know why but even if i upgraded to the 2013 drivers (and i checked in the past if they were updated), now i have the 2006 drivers... How is it possible? Do you think that downloading the upgrades of win10, they could roll back the drivers? I'm confuse...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb