Cheap third-pay BT for Surface 3?

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the Surface 3 since I travel a lot for my work. I am thinking of getting cheaper but functional third-party keyboard since the Type Cover price's gonna burn my wallet. Any suggestions?

jcgc

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I bought my Surface 3 as a bundle from Costco. Prior to that there were some things I didn't know about the type cover. I assumed it was just another bluetooth keyboard. Apparently it gets its power and connection from the magnetic connection to the Surface so there are no pairing, unpairing issues and the backlit function works really well. Add to that how nicely it snaps into place and I have to say it is extremely well integrated.

So, had I not gotten a good deal on the bundle, I, too, would have been looking for an alternative. Knowing what I know now I would buy the MS cover again.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the insight. So you used other BT keyboard? Anyway, accdg to what you're saying, I may also buy the Type Cover.

mikelino666

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the insight. So you used other BT keyboard? Anyway, accdg to what you're saying, I may also buy the Type Cover.
I would like suggest you the type cover.. the price is "apple style price" and i was disappointed about it but it's really good. It has an integrated light, has fn button to change the light of surface and, the most important thing, when u turn the cover on the back of the surface, it stop working and the surface understand that you can press the button with no problems and lay the back stand on it. Maybe it has something like a gyroscope sensor... i don't know.. but i understood why the price is so high....

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the insight too, bro. I think I'll be going with the Type Cover, considering that we surprisingly got an Xmas bonus (around 425 bucks?) 😁

Telstar1948

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I bought my S3 at Best Buy last week. They offer the 4/128 for $499. If you buy it, they will sell you the type cover for $79. Not a bad deal!

mikelino666

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I bought my S3 at Best Buy last week. They offer the 4/128 for $499. If you buy it, they will sell you the type cover for $79. Not a bad deal!

Amazing deal! I bought it in Italy for 399 euro (the 2gb 64gb) and the keyboard for 159.. It means 614 dollars..wtf...and it was with huge discount!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb