Finally got my Surface 3 Windows 10 Edition!!!

Sleepy_ER_Dr

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
New surface.jpg

After trying to decide between the Surface 3 and Surface Pro4...both devices are fantastic....I settled on the Surface 3, 128GB with 4GB RAM + 128GB microsd card. I really need it to mark up pdfs, and highlight, create lots of documents, spreadsheets, word and powerpoint. I also loaded up my Kindle books, so hopefully the stylus will work well with the Kindle app.
I immediately downloaded my free Microsoft Office 2016.
Also, I purchased the newest Surface pen, and the eraser feature is a really great add-on.
Previously, I had a Window Vista device to create my spreadsheets. I used Mac for my word documents and powerpoint.
I spent about two hours trying to figure out how to upload a pdf to One Note 2016.
I think that tomorrow I will spend some time figuring out how to upload files to my sd card.
It is going to be fun, and I hope to learn a lot from the forum. :eek:rly:

Because Racecar

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Really interested in hearing your thoughts here. I'm also torn like you. I like the size of the S3 for what I need, taking notes in grad school, but always temped by the power of the SP line. I have a great laptop, so really the S3 would work. I think.

Telstar1948

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I've had SP3's and a Surface Book along with a Thinkpad Yoga 14 lately. I finally settled on a good desktop machine for my office and a Surface 3 for my companion device. I've got it set up with all the same software as my office desktop so that if they desktop goes down, I can simply hook the external monitor to my S3 along with the USB stuff and keep going until my desktop is back in action. If I want to play a real game, I'll use my desktop, but for everything else (office work, school work, personal use) the S3 is quite good in every respect.

For what the OP stated as his use, the S3 should do an admirable job while providing a very portable, quiet, cool device to use almost anywhere. As far as I'm concerned, the type cover is a necessity, and the new pen is very nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro