Windows did not detect any networking hardware"??

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I bought my wife the Surface 3 and upgraded to Windows 10 and all was fine for 7 hours then out of the blue all network access was lost and when I looked for the issue everything came up as "Windows did not detect any networking hardware"??
I've had my Surface Pro 3 since 2014 and upgraded to Windows 10 soon as it was available and never seen this issue. A few people have posted this issue on the Windows 10 forum but other then reverting back to 8.1 no fixes were reported concerning the Surface 3.
Anyone come accross this issue and find a cure?? Hate to go thru the whole upgrade to W10 again just to have this issue pop up again, thank you all in advance for your help :)

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Nothing.. Like whatever was there disappeared.. I didn't look before to see what was there but didn't have any issues before,online one minute no network hardware or drivers the next? Very strange..

tbsteph1

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Try using the Troubleshooting module I would run the hardware diagnosis and network adapter one. (If you don't know where this stuff is - type Troubleshooting in Cortana. It should be the first thing listed, Select and choose View All on the left side.) Good luck. My Surface 3 forgets the audio driver sometimes. I share your frustration.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Try using the Troubleshooting module I would run the hardware diagnosis and network adapter one. (If you don't know where this stuff is - type Troubleshooting in Cortana. It should be the first thing listed, Select and choose View All on the left side.) Good luck. My Surface 3 forgets the audio driver sometimes. I share your frustration.

Problem is wifi is lost so the Surface 3 cannot access online troubleshooting and Cortona is useless with no internet access.. Need to find the fix before reupdating to Win 10 :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720