Surface Pro 4 Type Cover for Surface 3

Bullet25

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I can't seem to find a straight answer on the internet if the Surface Pro 4 Type Cover works on the Surface 3 (not pro).
Does anybody here know? I don't care if its a little bigger than the Surface 3 I just want to find out if it works with it.
Thanks in advance.

xmennight

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi Brad:

Thanks for validate.

I have another question. Which is the difference between the Surface 3 original pen vs. the Surface 4 Pro newer pen?

I thought that doesn't work with Surface 3.

Thanks a lot:

xmennight

crp852

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Surface 4 pen on both my SP3 and S3. It works perfectly fine on both machines, even if when I switch from using the SP3 to the S3 (i have both with me, using the SP3 as a desktop machine & the S3 to take handwritten notes at the same time).

The differences to the original pen are:
1) The pen "top" works as an eraser
2) There are no separate buttons on the barrel of the pen; bu, there is a "right click" function in the narrow strip of metal that runs down almost the full length of the barrel. You can press on the end of this strip closest to the pen nib - it works kind of the same way as pressing on the right hand edge of a trackpad.

Functionally though, at least for me (running both Win 8 & now Win 10), the new Surface Pro 4 pen has been a direct replacement for the S3 pen.

crp

Brian282

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Bullet25
I can't seem to find a straight answer on the internet if the Surface Pro 4 Type Cover works on the Surface 3 (not pro).
Does anybody here know? I don't care if its a little bigger than the Surface 3 I just want to find out if it works with it.
Thanks in advance.

Yes, it works fine. Realize that the pressure sensitivity is hardware related, built into tab. So you have 256 levels of sensitivity and not 1024 levels. I think the pen is awesome. Oh and unless you have the extended Microsoft warranty. They don't offer free nibs like the old pen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99