We've had our Surface 3 for almost a year. Its been great for most of that time. However recently my wife, who uses it more than I do, has been complaining that it is acting funning. She was just logged in and wasn't using it so I thought I'd log her off. I started that log off process 10 minutes or more ago.

What's going on? Why has it suddenly become so incredibly slow?
    04-02-2016 12:24 PM
    We've had our Surface 3 for almost a year. Its been great for most of that time. However recently my wife, who uses it more than I do, has been complaining that it is acting funning. She was just logged in and wasn't using it so I thought I'd log her off. I started that log off process 10 minutes or more ago.

What's going on? Why has it suddenly become so incredibly slow?
    It might be a windows update that has just gotten "stuck", as I've had that some times after a cumulative update - It's usually fine after a reboot.

Never the less Did you or she install anything prior to this happening?
    04-02-2016 12:53 PM
    The Surface isn't always rebooted or shut down, but it is at least shut down more often. That has happened.

My wife and daughters use it, but if they add any software, which isn't often, it's always from the Microsoft Store.
    04-03-2016 09:41 AM
    I see, I've had that before with a few laptops and can replicate it on mine.

If I hibernate my laptop or use sleep and let it go into hybrid sleep over a consecutive days a reboot or shut down takes ages.

You can try running sleep study (tutorial here: www.windowscentral.com/learn-why-battery-drains-surface-pro-3 ) to get some more info or looking at the event viewer (right click start menu and select event viewer) if something was holding it up.
    04-03-2016 03:33 PM
    The Surface isn't always rebooted or shut down, but it is at least shut down more often. That has happened.

My wife and daughters use it, but if they add any software, which isn't often, it's always from the Microsoft Store.
    I see, I've had that before with a few laptops and can replicate it on mine.

If I hibernate my laptop or use sleep and let it go into hybrid sleep over a consecutive days a reboot or shut down takes ages.

You can try running sleep study (tutorial here: www.windowscentral.com/learn-why-battery-drains-surface-pro-3 ) to get some more info or looking at the event viewer (right click start menu and select event viewer) if something was holding it up.
    04-03-2016 03:33 PM
    No, I've never heard of the sleep study. I'll try to give it a go this weekend and see what it reveals
    04-09-2016 02:46 PM