Fail to run an app developed on desktop (Visual Studio 2015) on usb-connected ?Surface 3?, how can I get it working?

Marc Van Daele

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Fail to run an app developed on desktop (Visual Studio 2015) on usb-connected ?Surface 3?

I want to develop an application in Visual Studio 2015 on my desktop and run/test it on my Surface 3.

I created a Blank application (Universal Windows) and I can run it on ?local machine? but when trying to run it on ?Device? I get the following error

Error DEP6200 : Bootstrapping failed. Device cannot be found. 0x89731810:
Deployment failed because no Windows Phone was detected.
Make sure a phone is connected and powered on. App1

Both are running Windows 10 version 1511 (Build 10586.164). The surface is connected with USB. The developer mode on the Surface 3 is activated. IpOverUsbSvc is running on the desktop.

Note that I don?t seem to find the Surface 3 in the Device Manager and when I plug it in, no attempt seems to be made to install drivers. This is probably the root cause so any advice to let "Device Manager" recognize the "Surface 3" would be appreciated

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Fail to run an app developed on desktop (Visual Studio 2015) on usb-connected ?Surface 3?

You have to remember that Surface 3 is not an iPad, the Surface 3 is a 64 bit PC in its own right. So I'm not sure why you would try to connect it to another PC to deploy an app.

Marc Van Daele

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Fail to run an app developed on desktop (Visual Studio 2015) on usb-connected ?Surface 3?

Good question :) Probably indeed because that's how I'm used to work (with Android and iOS tablets).
But should it be possible to connect the Surface as a device through USB to my desktop PC?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa