How do I uninstall the Weather app from my Win 10 Surface 3?

Johnwin10

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I might be stretching it here, because this is not about a cell, but a tablet. But any help would be appreciated. The MSN Weather app is no longer working on my Surface 3 with Win 10. If I go to Settings/System/Apps & Features and select Weather, the Uninstall button is greyed out and cannot be used. Tap and hold on the app doesn't bring up an uninstall option either. On the MS Store, I can't install from there (to overwrite the existing install) because I get the message that it already is installed. So I'm stuck with a dud. Can anyone help?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I might be stretching it here, because this is not about a cell, but a tablet. But any help would be appreciated. The MSN Weather app is no longer working on my Surface 3 with Win 10. If I go to Settings/System/Apps & Features and select Weather, the Uninstall button is greyed out and cannot be used. Tap and hold on the app doesn't bring up an uninstall option either. On the MS Store, I can't install from there (to overwrite the existing install) because I get the message that it already is installed. So I'm stuck with a dud. Can anyone help?

the thing you can hope for is that a new update comes soon and then when you update the app, it should work again.

I also want to uninstall the app because I don't need it

tbsteph

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Try the CCleaner app. It can uninstall just about any app on your Surface. The app is not in the Store - you need to download from their website (Free version.)

Johnwin10

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I hope they do. I paid for this Surface 3, so I should be able to use it as intended. They should unlock that directory. Who knows what else is going to fail soon? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786