Has the Surface 3 slow charging issue been fixed?

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I had a Surface 3 at launch but it was dropped, cracking the screen, and it died. I'm considering buying another one. Has the slow charging issue been fixed with the updates over the past few months?

rbcameron

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
What do you consider a slow charging rate? I don't have the original charger, but an aftermarket charger that puts out 2.1 A. I think it takes about 5.5 hours for a full recharge from a very low battery level.

- richard

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
That's about hope long it would take me with the included charger. Using a phone charger it would take all night. I would prefer about two to three hours.

jack69453

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
This has not been fixed and cannot be fixed. Its a problem with the Cherry Trail SOC.

You will need the get a higher wattage charger and a higher quality (thicker wire) USB cable.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
That's too bad but I might be able to live with it. The reason I'm thinking about getting it again is that I've recently discovered that there are few laptops with LTE and even fewer with T-Mobile bands. T-Mobile is better than at&t and Verizon in that they don't charge you for going over, and you can get 200MB free for life.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by rbcameron
What do you consider a slow charging rate? I don't have the original charger, but an aftermarket charger that puts out 2.1 A. I think it takes about 5.5 hours for a full recharge from a very low battery level.

- richard

5.5 hours is about how long my Surface 3 takes to charge with the original charger so I wonder if it is fixed, I do charge mine overnight when it needs to be charged.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Get the dock, it charges much faster than the included charger. The good thing is that most times you get quite a bit of charge in the surface so you only need to charge overnight most times. I use mine heavily all day without charging. Pop it in the dock at night. Same with my wife. uses hers not quite as much as me but charges every night and its good to go for the next day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)