2GB Surface 3 is a good machine!

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so some back story. I bought a Surface 3 back when it first came out. 4GB/128GB machine. With Windows 8.1, I believe. I thought it would be a good supplement to my Surface Pro 2 when I wanted a smaller, lighter machine. But I was dismayed how poor the performance was. I upgraded to Windows 10 and then did a clean installation of Windows 10. Still poor performance (mind you, this was the beginnings of Windows 10). Sluggish browser. Mediocre pen performance (more having to do with poor app and browser performance). So I ended up giving the machine to a relative.

Current time, my friend needed a cheap computer. And the 2 GB/64 GB Surface 3 was on sale. So I got that for her. Set it up for her with Windows 10 fully upgraded to the Anniversary update with the 8/8 firmware update. And man! This machine is actually great! Performance is excellent. Not at the level of my Surface Pro 2 or Surface Pro 4 but I could definitely see this being used as a primary machine.

Now I'm wondering if something was wrong with my 4 GB Surface 3 machine or the improvements to Windows 10 and the firmware made that much of a difference.

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Optimized code. Windows OneCore was a mess a year ago. My launch device performs significantly better than it did just a month ago before Anniversary Update.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
And those firmware updates have helped too. I have a surface 3 4GB version and it performs quite well. I don't use the pen but my brother uses it and he would have complained if the pen wasn't working well

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
im in the process of trying to get rid of my asus t100ha with 4gb of ram and 64 gb of storage for a surface 3 with 2gb of ram and 64gb storage. tried out the surface in the store and i think im sold. keeping a eye out on swappa and ebay

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99