Anyone get anniversary update on Surface 3?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since the Surface 3 is basically a normal Windows PC and should've gotten the update, something is wrong here. Is it up-to-date?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Interesting... is it managed by or has ties to a business?

Is "Defer upgrades" checked in the update settings?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My laptop hasn't received the update yet, so the rollout is still happening.
I have a surface 3 but because of impatience, I used insider release to get it. Now on 14393.82

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I still don't have the anniversary update. :cry:

if you're too anxious for it, you can enrol into insider program, then head into settings > updates > insider builds- select production or release build, nothing else. Let it check for updates and probably in a day you shall have them

Do a backup just in case

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Use the media creation tool on microsoft's download page. It installs in place just like the official update without having to use the insider program. Anniversary Update is everything Windows 10 should have been from the start. Gesture support in Edge is back! I no longer miss Windows 8, which I was running up until the end of June.

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Use the media creation tool on microsoft's download page. It installs in place just like the official update without having to use the insider program. Anniversary Update is everything Windows 10 should have been from the start. Gesture support in Edge is back! I no longer miss Windows 8, which I was running up until the end of June.
I'm thinking of doing that. I don't want to join the insider program as my S3 is my travel PC. I travel a lot and need reliable software for work. The S3 does everything I need.

The sad thing is none of the PCs in my house (S3, 2 desktops, 2 laptops, 2 Windows tablets) have received the update yet.

Brian282

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Wow, talk about going the hard way.

You can force your PC to update without the insider program or downloading anything.

Slide from right to left > All settings > update > learn more (in blue) scroll down to anniversary update and click on blue box.* Windows will check you over and start the download.

BlitZ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6