Looking for display port to HDMI adaptor for surface 3

gpb59

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
I bought 2 of these both that don't work, the 1st one was mistakenly advertised it would work,but they meant for surface pro3, the 2nd one for surface 3, i think they are both for thunderbolt display, anybody know where and which one to get that's relatively non expensive? Don't want to pay 30 or 40 dollars just for an adaptor

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought 2 of these both that don't work, the 1st one was mistakenly advertised it would work,but they meant for surface pro3, the 2nd one for surface 3, i think they are both for thunderbolt display, anybody know where and which one to get that's relatively non expensive? Don't want to pay 30 or 40 dollars just for an adaptor

Which country are you in?

I found mine in one of the local electronic shops - can't remember the brand but it works well so far, and it's been a year - got them for 15USD or so

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Note that an adapter that goes from HDMI source to DP destination is going to be pricey. An adapter going from a DP source to an HDMI destination however, will be much cheaper. The latter is passive, whereas the former is active. Make sure you're getting the right thing because it won't work if you buy the wrong sort. Even the cheap HDMI to DP adapters would cost in the £40+ range here in the UK, and such will need a USB power source.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon