Surface 3 & Microsoft Books

sibeans

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that the Surface 3 has the Edge update that has Microsoft Books integration?

Currently I can read epubs with Edge which runs great but there two issues with the browser: #1 web browsing is pretty bad that it will have trying to load a second tab (using another browser runs as fine as the Atom CPU will go) #2 the books option isn't there.

Trying to find this kind of information is a little difficult for a number of reasons: most posts online are for the Surface Pro 3, the Surface 3 is "old" hardware, and any information for Microsoft books will redirect me to just buying books and not providing actual support.

I tried using the Windows 10 Upgrader tool to try to run an update but it doesn't run and says "Thank you for updating to the latest version of Windows 10".

I could try a clean install with an ISO (I've done this before for different PCs) but I would like confirmation that the Surface 3 is compatible with the Edge version that has Microsoft Books.

I took advantage of the MS $10 promo over Thanksgiving and even bought a few more books on my desktop PC with the understanding that I would be able to take my books with me anywhere on the Surface 3 but only to find out that it didn't have the latest update (even the Microsoft store app on the Surface 3 doesn't have the books option) and to find out that the Microsoft store doesn't provide refunds on books.

Current OS Build 16299.64

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs