I started up my surface 3 and now get this error.

So I downloaded the surface 3 image from microsofts website, formatted my usb drive to FAT 32, extracted the image zip file to the usb flash drive, changed the boot order to network>usb>hard drive, and tried booting to usb flash drive by holding the volume down button until the surface logo appears. It will not boot from the usb and goes right to the blue screen. Any ideas what i am doing wrong? Thanks.
    12-14-2018 02:21 PM
    probably because just unzipping files to the USB drive does not mak it bootable. you'll need download the Windows Media Creation Tool. Run it and have it create a bootable installer usb drive.

it you've already done this, then try again. if not, may have to take unit into repair place
    12-14-2018 03:50 PM
    I downloaded the windows Media creation tool, and all it gave me an option for was to download windows 10, not use the disk image I downloaded for the surface 3.
    12-14-2018 07:05 PM
    Use the Microsoft media creation tool to force the Windows 10 Anniversary Update today https://www.windowscentral.com/use-m...date-windows10

you'll have to make it from a working PC unfortunately. try searching Windows Central for the Windows media creation tool and they should be a lot of tips about creating a USB bootable drive
    12-14-2018 07:21 PM
    I have a working windows pc and it will let me update it, but i do not know how to do the anniversary update onto the usb flash drive.
    12-14-2018 09:15 PM
    Employee Provident Fund which is commonly referred to as EPF is a retirement benefit scheme that is available to all salaried employees. This fund is administrated and overseen by the Employee Provident Fund Organization of India under the Ministry of Labor and Employment Epf India website UAN login activation in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in. Any company with more than 20 employees is required to register with the EPFO by law
    12-16-2018 06:09 AM
    Enter the Banglarbhumi website banglarbhumi.gov.in in the search bar of your browser first open the page and reach on the particular section of the website.
    12-17-2018 01:18 AM
    So I finally fixed my surface 3. I used rufus with the surface 3 image files that I downloaded and was able to get it to boot. Absolute pain in the rump, but enjoying my surface 3 very much now other than it being slow on occasion.
    HeyCori likes this.
    01-05-2019 05:58 PM