Surface 3 will not boot from usb

derekeh

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I started up my surface 3 and now get this error.
5989948dbec1cfed731be14bab438a9c.jpg

So I downloaded the surface 3 image from microsofts website, formatted my usb drive to FAT 32, extracted the image zip file to the usb flash drive, changed the boot order to network>usb>hard drive, and tried booting to usb flash drive by holding the volume down button until the surface logo appears. It will not boot from the usb and goes right to the blue screen. Any ideas what i am doing wrong? Thanks.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
probably because just unzipping files to the USB drive does not mak it bootable. you'll need download the Windows Media Creation Tool. Run it and have it create a bootable installer usb drive.

it you've already done this, then try again. if not, may have to take unit into repair place

derekeh

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the windows Media creation tool, and all it gave me an option for was to download windows 10, not use the disk image I downloaded for the surface 3.

derekeh

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a working windows pc and it will let me update it, but i do not know how to do the anniversary update onto the usb flash drive.

epfindia

Dec 16, 2018
Visit site
Employee Provident Fund which is commonly referred to as EPF is a retirement benefit scheme that is available to all salaried employees. This fund is administrated and overseen by the Employee Provident Fund Organization of India under the Ministry of Labor and Employment Epf India website UAN login activation in unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in. Any company with more than 20 employees is required to register with the EPFO by law

derekeh

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
So I finally fixed my surface 3. I used rufus with the surface 3 image files that I downloaded and was able to get it to boot. Absolute pain in the rump, but enjoying my surface 3 very much now other than it being slow on occasion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3