We're getting USB-C to HDMI, though what flavor of HDMI is not yet known (HDR capable?). But for me I need DP. Is MS working on a DP adaptor without going the route of an entire box? Or do we just go grab flavor of the day adaptor from Amazon? I'm not a fan of the cheap adaptors but perhaps there is no other choice.

Not sure if anyone knows.
    11-19-2017 03:01 PM
    Knowing that they didn't even release a miniDP-DP adapater for older Surfaces, I highly doubt we'll see one from Microsoft. You should look for one on Amazon.
    11-20-2017 07:51 AM
    Looks like I'm also on the hunt for an adapter! I'd really like to see USB-C to Ethernet+USB 3.1+HDMI/DP Not sure how the "lanes" stack up and whether that's possible, but that would be a very handy dongle thing.
    11-20-2017 09:44 AM
    Sorry I should have said USB C to mini DP. MS makes mini DP to HDMI and mini DP to VGA to cover folks who need a different format. Just seems odd that given the change to USB C as the "output" they didn't cover those bases with USB C adapters as well. USB C is notorious for adaptors that don't meet "spec" as it were, so getting a trusted vendor has some importance.
    11-21-2017 12:28 PM