Attach / Detach issue?

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
New to 2 in 1 machines, so not sure if this is a problem in front of the keyboard or behind.

When I re-attach the screen to the keyboard, I get the usual Windows USB connection sound. Then the disconnection sound. Then the USB connection sound. Then the disconnection sound. Then the USB connection sound...

I'll occasionally get a notification saying the USB wasn't recognized and won't work, but then it disconnects and reconnects a couple more times.

Everything *looks* flush and aligned properly once it's attached, and although it takes a few tries, once it's considered connected the keyboard and trackpad work fine.

Wondering if it's just taking some time because I've got the i5 version, or is this something I need to visit a MS store for?

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've not experiences this. The detach and reattach take time because of the physical nature of the muscle wire mechanism but it's still only a couple of seconds. I get multiple connection sounds when I reconnect the screen because the base is connected to a dock with a mouse and keyboard etc (so there are multiple things suddenly being connected).

But I don't get the connect, disconnect sounds following each other.

I have a Core i7 version but that shouldn't have any impact on the performance of the connection mechanism.

Have you checked the connection ports are clear of fluff or dirt? Have you tried sfc /scannow just on the off chance it's software related?

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
sfc /scannow showed no corruption at all.

As I said, with no experience, I may just be dealing with all the connections being made upon reattaching.

Thanks anyways!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss