Touchpad lag when on battery

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I have an issue with my Surface Book 2 that is driving me nuts. When the laptop is on battery and with the standard energy saving settings, the touchpad will lag. Someone else has this issue too and made a YouTube video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdhtHpXO-Go
Changing the energy saving setting to better performance solves this. Microsoft should make this work though with all energy settings, especially the default..

petvas72

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I suspected that the lag started occurring after connecting a Surface Pen to my Surface Book 2. I have just uncoupled my Surface Pen from my Book and then I paired it again with it. Interesting enough and for the moment being, the touchpad experiences no lag whatsoever. It will be interesting to see if this issue gets resolved in this way and I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet, but the first sign was positive. Now, if this is the case, I cannot understand how the Surface Pen can cause touchpad lag issues. Anyway, let's see..

wynand32

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I have an SB2 15" 1TB, and I hadn't been seeing anything like this until the last couple of days. Now, I have this kind of touchpad lag/hesitation periodically, along with a similar lag in the keyboard. I'm trying to figure out what changed -- I don't think there's been an update that would be responsible.

Interestingly, I have another identically-configured machine that I've been testing. It doesn't demonstrate anything similar. I'm hopeful that it's something I've installed on mine that's caused the issue and that I can narrow it down. I can't imagine it's hardware, given that I've been using it since December 15 and it just started on Saturday or so.

As an update, this happens on mine when plugged in as well. It's exceedingly annoying.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)