Gaming on the surface book 2 13

derekeh

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I’m looking for a small windows 2 in 1 that can do some gaming as well. I’d love a 12 inch device but as far as I know it doesn’t exist. The closest thing to what I want is the surface book 2 13.5 inch with the GeForce 1050. I don’t have to have detail turned up all of the way. As long as I can play the games I will be happy. Ive heard issues with throttling and fast battery drain though. So can anyone share their experience gaming with the surface book 2 13.5 with the GeForce 1050? Or point me in the direction of another pc that is similar?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
firstly you CANNOT game with battery no matter how low you set the rez, you will need to be plugged in no matter what device it is... and if you do it will be around 1 1/2 hours at most...

2nd) buying the Surface book 2 for gaming and other leisurely stuff is going to be very expensive and I would recommend into looking for something cheaper like a laptop.. I just recently bought an ASUS with 12GB ram gtx 1050 4GB and 1080p screen for $800cdn! theres a plethora of other devices to fill your portable gaming needs...

derekeh

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I meant battery drain while plugged in. I’m fine being plugged in. I do a LOT of traveling and want a smaller device to kind of be my tablet and pc both. 15.6” is too big for my wants. Honestly 13” devices are too BUT I can suffice. I love the HP Spectre x360 13.3” but you cant get it with a gpu. THats why I’m leaning towards the surface book 2. I agree though, it is expensive :/

Alexander Galvez

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I meant battery drain while plugged in. I’m fine being plugged in. I do a LOT of traveling and want a smaller device to kind of be my tablet and pc both. 15.6” is too big for my wants. Honestly 13” devices are too BUT I can suffice. I love the HP Spectre x360 13.3” but you cant get it with a gpu. THats why I’m leaning towards the surface book 2. I agree though, it is expensive :/

Hey Derek,

Not sure how the other guy got his information but you CAN game on the surface book 2 without being plugged in. I have been doing so on my book 2 and get more than 7 hours of play time. That is without me changing my configurations to lower the res and brightness. If I did that, I bet I would get an hour of additional play time.

If I was plugged in, I imagine that I could play forever....haven't tried it though

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
I just got the i5 13" Surface Book 2.... been using it at Salt Lake Gaming Con for the last three days. I was getting about 6 hours on MTG Arena for a tourney. Tried it with the Xbox Adaptive Controller in BT mode and was able to play FH4 for about 2 hours straight at 50% brightness.

It's not a Alienware, but it's good for gaming on the go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium