Surface Book 2 15" Wont Power On After Charger Failure

AX199011

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
Initially my Surface Book 2 was experiencing problems with the charging cable that it came with.

When I had it plugged in the message in the tray would say "Plugged in, Discharging". --> This persisted until the battery was almost dead.

I followed the instructions from microsoft support at the following link (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023536/surface-surface-battery-wont-charge)

Essentially these instructions had me uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Drivers and run updates to try and fix the problem. This did not work and shortly after my device completely ran out of battery. (to the point where I could not even detach the tablet from the keyboard)

I plugged the charging cable from my surface book 2 into a surface pro 3 and a surface pro 4 and discovered that they also received the same "Plugged in, Discharging" message.

I then plugged in the 90w surface dock charging cable into the keyboard and after some time there was enough battery to un-dock the tablet.

Throughout this time I tried all methods found online to try and turn on the system to no avail.

I have left each component (keyboard and tablet) to charge for over 24 hours each and once again tried all methods found online (e.g., holding down the power button for 30 seconds, holding down the power button and the volume up button), nothing has worked.

I tried reaching out to the Microsoft Support on the Get Help App and the online application, however, each time the help bot asked if I would like to chat with a human the app would crash or get stuck on the information fields requesting information on my device.

I am a loyal and avid fan of Microsoft's line-up of surface products and when my Surface Book 2 was working it was absolutely incredible. This recent turn of events has left me extremely disappointed and I am rather frustrated that Microsoft does not have a more effective system in place to help customers troubleshoot malfunctioning hardware.

I hope someone will be able to offer some guidance, or at the very least if someone has experienced something similar to know that they are not alone.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
"I am a loyal and avid fan of Microsoft's line-up of surface products and when my Surface Book 2 was working it was absolutely incredible. This recent turn of events has left me extremely disappointed and I am rather frustrated that Microsoft does not have a more effective system in place to help customers troubleshoot malfunctioning hardware."

Look, things happen, with any make or model. Whenever I've required help, with the Surface line, I've just simply registered the serial number online then completed the usual path to reach a solution. This has usually ended with sending the device away and a new one arriving as I can, 99% of the time, deduce what's wrong with the thing.

This hasn't happened often. The web page(s) shouldn't crash so, just in case you're not using edge or IE, please use IE or edge to raise the issue with MS. Good luck.

AX199011

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
Thank you Sir, I agree with your recommendation. I .currently working outside the US, however if the services are anything like experiences I have had with brick and mortar stores then all should be well.

thank you for your help and support reply

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre