Surface Book 2 15° housing damaged?

anon(10480012)

Jun 24, 2018
Visit site
Bought 3 weeks ago a SB2 15 inch. By touching the surface with the logo i have just realized that is slightly bended! Checked it with a ruler and realized a dent in the middle of the upper surface. Its round about 1,5 mm deeper. I am noz a pea counter but it concerned me especialy because of the price and the material (Magnesium)

Already checked this in the store on another one and the result was similar. What could be the reason for that.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Regards

Attachments

• 20180618_113120.jpg
    20180618_113120.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
These cases warp with heat. I have never had the problem with my SB2-15, but my Original SB with power base scares me because it runs so hot. On one occasion recently I put it to sleep after a system update and walked away, returning later to find that it had tried to install Microsoft Office a second time, and it was just sitting there looping and cooking while it waited for me to provide an answer to a question I didn't know I had been asked. I cancelled the installation and turned the device completely off. When I went back an hour later, a straight edge showed that both the base and the clipboard had warped outer surfaces, and when I closed the Book, the upper part would contact the lower part only at the left front corner, leaving the right front corner elevated by about a millimeter. With some judicious thumb pressure I re-arced the upper edge of the clipboard and then bent the upper right corner enough in the other direction to make the device look straight when I closed it. I AM NOT ADVISING ANYBODY ELSE TO DO THIS. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. I'm a risk taker, so I decided to try to make it look good again. I lucked out. This could have had some completely different outcome entirely.

But yeah, heat.

And the views without a response... Well, I am responding after my first viewing of your post. But I almost didn't. Who really feels a burning need to communicate with someone who uses a handle that is some variant on "Anon?"

Anyway, look at the activity levels for posts to the Surface forums on WinCen. This is one of the deadest sets of forums on the Internet. If you want fast replies, try Reddit.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa