Is this Damage covered under warranty?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I took my SB2 out yesterday only to find a small hump like knot on the back of the screen (tablet) side (see pics below). I keep it in a Surface designed bag with nothing else in it and don't know how this could if happened. Maybe I put the bag down to hard...I don't know.

The weird thing is that the hump has gone down a bit since I noticed the damage yesterday. Could this have something to do with the liquid cooling system? Could this be a hardware problem? Either way would this be covered under warranty you think?

2ad8fe0582802bcd3f12ceb6085f0813.jpg
8630b3a7431339d328d810d2bf9823ce.jpg
37bc9e765938d15d38d743aa906f0613.jpg

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't even see what you're talking about, but the question I have is this: Is it bulging out, or indented? If it is bulging outward, I would take it to the store, because they have had issues with battery bulging (which can be a precursor to an explosion or fire), and they replaced my SB1 with performance base by giving me a SB2. No charge, and while I was still under Microsoft Complete, he said they replace the bulging battery units even if not under warranty.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Ya its hard to see from these pics. It's a slight bulge almost like a massive pimple. I've owned surface products for years and have dinged them here and there, never seeing a bump like this before. I haven't had the time I'll drop by the store later today or tomorrow.
I don't even see what you're talking about, but the question I have is this: Is it bulging out, or indented? If it is bulging outward, I would take it to the store, because they have had issues with battery bulging (which can be a precursor to an explosion or fire), and they replaced my SB1 with performance base by giving me a SB2. No charge, and while I was still under Microsoft Complete, he said they replace the bulging battery units even if not under warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa