Looking for a SB2 15" case with kickstand

ChrisHistorian

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm new to this forum so I apologize in advance if this question has already been beaten to death.

I really love my 15-inch SB2 as a laptop, but haven't used it much as a media consumption device yet. I'd really like to detach the tablet from the keyboard to watch movies, read, etc. Unfortunately, the only 15" case I can find with a kickstand appears to have significant design flaws.

Has anybody found something similar to the hongyixun Surface Book 13.5 Inch Case, 2 in 1 Kickstand case recommended by Windows Central? I'm really perplexed as to why kickstand cases aren't widely available for the 15" SB2.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm new to this forum so I apologize in advance if this question has already been beaten to death.

I really love my 15-inch SB2 as a laptop, but haven't used it much as a media consumption device yet. I'd really like to detach the tablet from the keyboard to watch movies, read, etc. Unfortunately, the only 15" case I can find with a kickstand appears to have significant design flaws.

Has anybody found something similar to the hongyixun Surface Book 13.5 Inch Case, 2 in 1 Kickstand case recommended by Windows Central? I'm really perplexed as to why kickstand cases aren't widely available for the 15" SB2.
, buy a case you like and put something like a wide door hinge that has a maximum angle and is rigid/strong. Than you need to firmly attach the hinge to the back of cover (perhaps some screws or strong tape or glue, kindy tricky though since the weight of the tablet can move the hinge away otherwise if it is not attached well).

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
I haven't seen anything commercially available, so I'm going cheap and using a holder that holds plates in a cabinet. $3 and it folds up in half, slides right in my bag.

Not elegant, but it works for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism