Top end SP4 and Surface Book same price - which one?

Dariusz1989

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Its hard to say mate... Depends how will you use it. Remember that Book has proper GPU. Surface Pro 4 dont... Also 12 vs 9 hours battery...

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
And a better screen. I guess the 1TB Book will be 5 or 600 dollars more. I want something that will run 3 screens, I will wait for the XPS15 as I like matte screens, will get a nice xmas present whatever device it is .

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
And a better screen. I guess the 1TB Book will be 5 or 600 dollars more. I want something that will run 3 screens, I will wait for the XPS15 as I like matte screens, will get a nice xmas present whatever device it is .

I just tried to pre-order the Surface Book i7 with 16 GB ram and 512GB SSD. No go. The most sophisticated version of the Surface Book that I could pre-order was an i7 with 8GB ram and 256GB SSD. Haven't decided to do that yet. The surface book really appears to meet my laptop needs, though...

Here's an update. I went back and bought the Surface Book i7 8GB and 256 GBSSD. Just call me impatient!

<TED>

Last edited:

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
After looking at some more vids of the hinge, not sure if there is enough room, perhaps allow the pen to click in and click out of the space thats created? would be cool storage and safe for chucking it in a bag and go.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I will opt for Surface Book since 90% of the time my type cover is attached to my SP3.
The type cover is on my surface pro 3 90% of the time over here too, but I am gonna go surface pro 4. There is no heat dissipated on my surface pro 3 on my lap, only in the hot corner. I fear the surface book could get hotter in the base considering that there is a battery there.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Surface Book. Hands down.

My 1st Gen Surface Pro suffers from a lack of storage, but 512gb would be sufficiently roomy for me. Everything else about the Book is superior to the 4, and I rarely use my Pro without the keyboard attached. Even then, the 3 hour battery life in "clipboard" mode would be more than I get without my power cover attached.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My Lenovo X1 Carbon gets better battery life but I guess that's the benefit of the keyboard being attached and giving components more room.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The type cover is on my surface pro 3 90% of the time over here too, but I am gonna go surface pro 4. There is no heat dissipated on my surface pro 3 on my lap, only in the hot corner. I fear the surface book could get hotter in the base considering that there is a battery there.

How does this fair on your lap? I'm seriously considering getting rid of my Mac and iPad for a surface pro 4

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
How does this fair on your lap? I'm seriously considering getting rid of my Mac and iPad for a surface pro 4
I was able to use the surface pro 3 very nicely without any complaints. The surface pro 4 is improved especially with the keyboard and trackpad. Which Mac do you have? I had an iPad but the surface handily replaced my iPad and ultrabook.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I was able to use the surface pro 3 very nicely without any complaints. The surface pro 4 is improved especially with the keyboard and trackpad. Which Mac do you have? I had an iPad but the surface handily replaced my iPad and ultrabook.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro, I'm not sure what to do get a surface and get rid of the Macbook and iPad or keep the iPad and get rid of the MacBook and get perhaps a dell xps 13

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a 13 inch MacBook Pro, I'm not sure what to do get a surface and get rid of the Macbook and iPad or keep the iPad and get rid of the MacBook and get perhaps a dell xps 13

If you use your ipad for like apps than keep the ipad and go get an xps 13. I didn't really use the ipad for much of the apps, so I was able to get over it. But there are some people that need to have all the ios apps so then keep the ipad. The xps 13 will have a better keyboard than the surface pro 3, but after some time I was able to get used to the keyboard on the surface pro 3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon